The field of marketing and advertising is an exciting one for outsiders and not only. You might have recently been working in an advertising agency for example and never heard some of the most interesting facts in the history of brands. Below you will find ten facts you didn’t know about marketing and advertising. view the article here
1 ) The legendary Marlboro Guy advertisings were first released in 1955 and they in the beginning featured several masculine characters, including captains, gunsmiths, and athletes, however the image of the rugged cowboy demonstrated to be the public’s favourite and so the most marketable of them. Nevertheless, the legend of the cowboy was later yellow gold by the death of no less than 3 men who appeared in the ad, all of whom passed away because of lung cancer. This kind of is the reason for which the manufacturer became to be known as the “Cowboy Killer”.
installment payments on your One of the most efficient techniques employed by advertising agencies is called “affective condition”. This means positioning the item next to other things for the consumers to feel positive about it. Thus, a detergent may be included in juxtaposition with blossoms, babies, or sunshine. Simply by repeatedly seeing the brand associated with positive elements, the consumers are more likely to feel good about the detergent as well.
3. Studies have shown that women’s mags are more vulnerable to promote weight loss than mens magazines do. Actually more than 75% of ladies magazine covers feature at least one article related to changing your body through dieting or cosmetic plastic surgery.
4. Working in an advertising agency may sometimes be comparable to working in a salon. This is also true with food advertisements, where food employees may paint a rooster golden brown in order to make it look perfect and sew their skin to appear small.
5. Your child actors in advertisings designed for children are often older than the prospective audience. This contributes to thinking about offering kids role models and makes them wish to be like the kids they see in ads.
6. In the event that you feel that using love-making in advertising to increase sales is a modern invention, you are in the wrong. Pictures of naked women actually made an appearance in tobacco advertising on sale since the 1800s.
7. The first “event marketing” of all time took place in 1984 and it had a lasting impact in the advertising industry. The big event was the launch of the Apple Macintosh computer in 1984 during the Super Dish and the promotion received almost the same coverage as the product itself.
8. Advertising is one of the few industries that produce impressive numbers of money out of little or nothing and without actually producing physical exercise. Selling ideas is an idea that revolutionized the business industry in the 20th 100 years.
9. The average American kid watches more than 100 advertising a day, which totals a large total of 40, 1000 per year.
10. The most significant numbers of advertising that can be seen on TV are for food and alcohol products.