Can you be Delivering on Your Brand Promise? Half a dozen Strategies to Align your Customer Experiences with Consumer Expectations https://www.walkerinfo.com/what-we-do/understanding-your-customers/voice-of-the-customer-design
A well-designed customer experience means aligning concern of customer contact, every “touchpoint, ” with the rand name promise. Many companies promote the uniqueness of their brand, but fail to regularly deliver on the guarantee. Expectations are then dashed and the brand erodes over time, as customers have a multitude of other options to consider.
Lippincott Mercer, a leading brand strategy consultancy, says that the brand is transmitted in each and every interaction with customers within the lifetime of the relationship. And, they found that human relationships have the greatest impact how a customer seems about a brand.
Every single touchpoint with your company either reinforces or poker chips away at the trustworthiness of your mentioned promises. Are brand disconnects occurring in your organization? Exploration shows we stay with a company that offers an experience that fits our expectations and their promise.
To ensure brand alignment and customer dedication, implement the following 6 strategies:
1. Determine the touchpoints of your brand-from the first contact to after-sales service. Plot them out so you catch the sequence of situations and every possible contact point in every funnel of interaction and in every stage of the buying process. Keep in mind that the customer experience often continues long after someone leaves a store or even a website.
2. Analyze how well your organization is delivering on your guarantee in each touchpoint. Recognize gaps as well as any barriers to providing on your promise, like the most prevalent determined by Lippincott Mercer:
Inadequate staffing requirements and training
Inefficient business processesLack of timely and complete information
Misaligned offers and rewards
Poor communication with associates and customers
3. Seek input and feedback from customers. Buyer input will help you further define the difference between your mentioned assurance and the ideal customer experience. Once you obtain this feedback, align your people, processes, and products/services with the needs and expectations of your customers. Continue to seek responses to stay attuned with their ever-changing needs, particularly during these shifting financial times.
4. Focus on those touchpoints which may have the finest impact. Lippincott Mercer found that human interactions have the greatest potential for delight-and problem resolution and customer care are the top touchpoints for enhancing customer belief. Provide associates with a quality standard for these priority contacts, supply training and coaching to ensure the constant delivery of that standard.
Interestingly, they also found that electric interactions do not excite customers, nevertheless they have a great potential to damage brand equity. So think just before replacing people with technology. It might help efficiency, but it could possibly damage brand equity.
5. Participate your associates in the act. They will are the true owners of your brand. Question for their input how to delight customers and encourage their creativeness and initiative. Give attention to their continuing development and discover ways to empower and reward them to model the typical in every contact. Employee dedication and engagement will have a quantifiable impact on the consumer experience.
6. Determine and reassess! Many organizations believe they are providing a “superior customer experience, ” yet often only a tiny percentage of their customers give them this rating. Our perception may well not be reality, which means it is necessary to objectively assess your progress on each of the determined spaces. Use customer comments to determine if changes are needed in products, processes and people. You may also need to refine your assessment process along the way to include new variables discovered in customer satisfaction.
Following these 6 strategies will make sure a regularly positive customer experience, which causes increased devotion and improved bottom range results.