Often when I read operation prospectuses I am minted by the tone used in the copy. A single would feel that franchises are charitable institutions judging from the way that they seem to be to be virtually giving away their business to possible franchisees! builderall como ganhar dinheiro
On the other hand, from time to time the mask slides and the true character of the partnership becomes clear. Here are a number of quotes from an article written for the benefit for franchise owners.
‘Business owners considering launching a business should be draconian in the way they take care of franchisees’
‘In a nutshell, micro-manage (your franchisees). Regular reports are filed and any discrepancies or symptoms for concern are used up with the franchisor immediately. It may appear harsh but it is the only way to really keep tabs on the company
These rates come form an accountancy firm that specialises in advising franchise owners. The advice backs the experience of many franchisees when they actually hand their money as well as start their business. Although they are starting away the Franchisor is a welcome shoulder to slim on, however after they are experienced they often find the franchisors meddling intrusive and irritating. Key aspects of discord tend to be around the blind application of the ‘rules’ in unacceptable circumstances and perceived techniques away from the dispenses market into other areas of business.
From the franchisors standpoint this is understandable. They would like to preserve their brand and be sure that their franchise revenues are maintained without disappearing into similar but independent businesses.
However listen to the tone of those quotations please remember that the franchise is generally sold as a partnership between the franchisee and the franchise owner. That’s most certainly not what comes over here. Despite what they imagine they may be buying, franchisees can realize that they are still in the boss/employee romance they have frequently recently been attempting to escape! Such as are partners ‘Draconian’? Do they need ‘Micro-managing’?
So precisely my advice to possible franchisees?
1) Ask the franchisor for a view of the reporting framework that they may be asked to use.
2) Try to view possible franchises from the viewpoint of your yr down the line. Will certainly you be thrilled to stick to the structure knowing the business?
3) Question Franchisees how much contact they may have much contact with the franchisor what they’ve not seen eye to eye over.
4) Don’t feel that any concerns in this area can be overcome by negotiation. Evaluate if you can accept the present regime because you won’t have the ability to change it later.
5) Produce an effort to meet face to face with anyone who you’d have connection with on a regular basis if you bought a franchise. Decide if you can get on with them. Don’t feel that they will disappear if anyone asks them to.