Staying asked to be a Wedding Photographer is a huge responsibility! Someone has trusted YOU with acquiring the memories of might be the biggest day with their lives! wedding photographer gold coast
Include you got the right gear to get the job done?
Gear can be somewhat of a sensitive topic and every photographer is unique. Some like Canon, other prefer Nikon. Some prefer zoom lens, others prefer prime improved lenses. And some photographers are just starting out and don’t really know what they need. So, I have created this article to give an outline of the gear I take with me to every wedding and that Personally i think is important and could not live without!
Firstly I use Canon gear and SOLE use zoom lenses. A lot of my friends prefer to use prime contacts and often have fun battling about the benefits and cons of both options, and for me personally, I’m a zoom zoom lens kind of guy.
The battle of the zoom lens lens Vs the excellent lens
Here are 6th super important reasons why I favor to use zoom lenses over perfect lenses:
1. Firstly, We can shoot 95% of the wedding on just 2 lenses.
2. That saves me from having to shoot using 2 cameras.
3. I feel more prepared with a zoom lens to get ‘the shot’ when it appears in a divided second.
4. It offers the look of my images more variety. Intended for example, I will shoot the same subject while quickly zooming out-and-in, and the two images can look completely different.
5. It’s also just way quicker to use, rather than running in and out, I am able to simply just zoom in and out (within reason)
six. And my last reason is simply, now that is correct I mastered to shoot weddings and just feel much more comfortable using zoom lenses. Once again, everyone is different and everyone has their own style, so it’s just my preferred way of shooting a wedding
Register: 13 MUST-HAVE things for each and every wedding!
OK, so this bag (LowPro Pro Tool x300 AW) comes with me on every capture. Check out what’s inside:
1 ) Canon 5D MK3 (with battery grip)
My trusty workhorse! A great absolutely fantastic camera that does everything We would like it to do to take weddings. There are definitely better camera’s out there, but for what I actually need it for, and at this price range it’s the BEST!
2. Several 5D MK2 (backup camera body just in case)
It was my old camera before I upgraded to the Canon 5D mk3. An ideal backup camera, which hopefully I will never need to use!
3. Canon 24mm – 70mm f/2. 8 (series 2)
The lens I absolutely could hardly live without and most found in my complete kit. The series 2 is also a huge improvement on the series you, providing noticeably sharper images.
4. Canon 70mm – 200mm f/2. 8 IS DEFINITELY (series 2)
The second most used lens in my kit and another that I could not live without! This contact lens comes in two variations, with image stabiliser and a cheaper version without. If I could give one point of advice, it’s DEFINITELY worth forking out for the IS USUALLY.